The April 2003 Management Council Meeting and Technical Session will take
place at the
We have reserved a block of rooms at the Courtyard by Marriott in
at a rate of $134.00 plus tax . Reservations must be made by March 10, 2003 to get this rate. As an less costly alternative, we have also blocked off rooms the Quality Inn that is close to UMCP at a rate of $69.00 plus tax. Reservations here must be made by March 17, 2003 to get this rate. These two hotels are listed as well as other choices in the area. Greenbelt
Below are directions to campus via US1 and
University Boulevardvia (Marriott Courtyard) including links to information about taking the Metro system to campus. The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority site lists Metro rail and bus fares, schedules and maps. The Metro Green Line is now complete, so you can transfer to the Green Line at the Gallery Place station and ride directly to the College Park station. NOTE: The station is about a mile and a half from the Computer and Space Sciences Building. There is a University SHUTTLE service that runs from the metro station to campus. University guests are welcomed to ride the University Shuttle from the College Park Metro Station. The bus stops at Greenbelt LotHH directly across from the Stamp Student Union.
Directions to Campus
Directions to Parking lots/Walking from parking lots to Computer and Space Sciences Building
Parking (Please note change from previous meetings!): Those driving onto campus, park in the Regents Parking Garage (PG2) located across from the Computer and Space Sciences Building. Parking hang tags will be issued in this parking garage in lot 5 (the roof portion of the garage).
NOTE: If you do not have a hanger, you will need to park at the Visitor's lot located on
Paint Branch Driveor the Parking Garage located on Stadium Drivelot, both a 5 minute walk to the Computer and . We will supply payment coupons. See Linda (Linda@astro.umd.edu)(301 405-5024). Sciences Building
- Rush Hour: Rush hour around the Capitol Beltway (I-495 and I-95) is well underway by 6:00am and lasts until 9:30-10am. In the area of campus it affects the outer (westbound) beltway and southbound surface roads in the morning and the inner (eastbound) beltway and northbound surface roads in the evening. Evening rush begins at about 3:30-4pm and lasts until about 7pm. The suspension of classes at the University has a small positive effect on the Beltway and a large positive effect on the surface roads running past the campus.
- Traffic Reports: Radio station WTOP (a CBS affiliate all-news station) provides traffic reports for the DC, Beltway, and Northern Virginia areas every 10 minutes starting 8 minutes past the hour, 24 hours a day. They are at 1500AM, 107.7FM and wtop.com/.
- Local Roads:
- Baltimore Ave = Baltimore Blvd = Route 1.
The main entrance to campus is located at about the 7600 block of Baltimore Ave.
- University Blvd = Greenbelt Road.
It's called "University Blvd" west of Route 1 and "Greenbelt Rd" east of Route 1.
- Rhode Island Ave runs roughly parallel to Route 1 and intersects Greenbelt Road east of campus.
- Campus Drive s the main road running through the middle of campus from the main entrance on Route 1.
- ASCII character map of the area.